Boise Highlights

Athlete of The Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Athlete of The Year

Andoni Bieter Lete gets ready to pass the ball during the fall season of football.

Photo Credit: Hudl

Photo Credit: Hudl

Photo Credit: Hudl

Izzy Fox, Reporter

Senior Andoni Bieter Lete has been presented with the nomination of athlete of the year. Presented with a unique award at the senior assembly, Bieter’s long love of sports has been worth it. Bieter states, “I have been lucky enough to play three different sports at Boise High over the last four years.”

Beiter’s passion for athletics sprouted in kindergarten when he joined basketball, soccer, and baseball. He eventually traded in his kindergarten fun with his devotion to baseball and football.

Peeking out above the many athletics Bieter has pursued, baseball is definitely his favorite. “I’ve been a part of this program for five years and have had some of the best coaches and teammates I could ask for,” Andoni explains. His journey through Boise High sports has really come full circle. “This senior class was special because we have been playing together since we were ten and we would always talk about that things would be like senior year.”

Andoni is more than appreciative for his success and achievements in his sports journey through Boise High. “I’m so grateful for for all the experiences I’ve had in Boise High sports and sad to see it all go.”

Not only were personal strides accomplished but Bieter learned what it was like to have a well rounded, supportive group of teammates. Bieter says, “I’ve learned a lot about what it takes to be successful in a team.”

Unfortunately his love for sports won’t carry through his college career but it will always be his true highschool love.

Izzy Fox, Reporter

Isabella Fox is a sophomore and is starting her first semester as a staff member on the Boise Highlights team. Ever since she was little her extreme love...