Home Team on Home Grounds

It was only one year ago, the empty lot 3 blocks away from the Boise High School campus was nothing but 15 acres of dust. Now that empty, dusty lot has been turned into a multimillion dollar athletic complex dedicated to Boise High School athletics.

Many people have already used this complex. Others like Anna Atkins are yet to use it.  “My expectations and other people’s expectations are to have a nicer playing ground that is smoother for us to run and walk on.” (Anna Atkins)

At Boise High, there is a wide range of sports a lot of people participate in. Since Boise High is located in the middle of downtown Boise, there has not been a close home sports complex for the BHS JV and Varsity home games and practices due to spatial limitation. “I like the space we have, we have a bigger field, it’s nicer and the grass is nice. I hope they will maintain it” (Brogan Richards)

The Willow Lane Sports Complex that the varsity soccer teams have previously played at is located 3 miles away from campus.

This new athletic complex is located only 3 blocks away from school grounds. Located at 300 W. Fort Street, containing contains two soccer fields and a junior varsity and a varsity football field with stands that hold up to 50 people and a softball diamond. The complex will hold games and practices for many of our JV and Varsity Football, soccer, lacrosse, frisbee, and other outdoor sports. The initial plan to renovate this empty lot initially cost 4.1 million dollars.  

After all the renovations were finished, including “building demolition, irrigation, and ground prep”, this resulted in a brand new 2.4 million dollar complex. Boise High School will now have a big, new complex where we can cheer our team at and show our colors.