Cover Artist: Paloma Link

Photo Credit: Featured cover artist and Boise High Junior, Paloma Link

Richard Bain, Reporter

This month Boise Highlights features an amazing art piece from Boise High junior, Paloma Link.

She has been creating art since she was young – it has been a hobby of hers for as long as she can remember. In fact, she is not currently taking art classes, this piece she created in her free time. The final piece came to life after many drafts, to get the general idea of it.

She thoroughly enjoys art and her favorite form is drawing. She also enjoys painting because she thinks there are an infinite amount of colors that come with an infinite amount of ideas. She loves to draw black and white landscapes, that then, she begins to paint. She has her own art projects and ideas, though she does like to get together with friends and make things up. Her friends have inspired different art projects for her, such as landscaping or a facial drawing of someone famous. One of the famous people she drew was Ariana Grande, “just for fun.”

She is inspired by fellow student artist, Suzanne Ringer. “Even though we have different art styles, her art is still an inspiration to me,” Link explains.

She also follows numerous artists on Instagram and loves how exposure to open minded art can give her inspiration. One of her favorite artists is Bob Ross because of his creative way coloring the landscape and nature. Boise Highlights is proud to fearture our Artist of the Month: Paloma Link.