5 Tips for Surviving Senioritis

Photo Credit: Hope Brassey

Erin Brassey, Reporter

Senioritis is a deadly disease of laziness and carelessness that plagues high schools all around the world. In order to graduate, every senior needs to be able to stay focused and determined, so they can survive their last few months of high school. However, things aren’t quite that simple. Senioritis is hard to avoid and even harder to fight off, but here are a few tips to help every senior out there survive senioritis and make it to graduation.

1. Make a Checklist

Just know what you’ve got to do because if you don’t, you may be stuck repeating your senior year for the rest of your life, and no one, especially your teachers, wants that to happen. Just figure it out because at least if you know what needs to be done, then you can have some clear hope that you won’t end up as that thirty-five year old divorcee still trying to pass Geometry in order to finally leave high school.

2. Ask for Help

Let’s be honest, the laziness runs deep. There hits a point in the life of every senior when you just can’t fight the laziness anymore. You probably already know where you’re going to college, and you probably already know where your life is taking you. Why care about anything anymore? This is when you know that deep down there is no way you are getting your laziness off the couch, and you’ve got to call in some back up because otherwise you sure are done for.

3. Take it One Day At a Time

I’m sure, being a senior, that you already move quite slowly seeing as senioritis tends to slow the drive in you, but just like any other deadly disease, you have to slow down and take each day of senioritis as it comes. Some days may be good and others may be bad, but no matter what at least you’re making it through.

4. Remember You are Almost Done

Seriously, if you have made it this far on this list of tips and you are still suffering from senioritis, then you really just need to stop because it is almost over. The worst really has passed, and now, you can focus on the good times ahead. Senior Skip Day. Prom. Last Day of High School. Graduation. College. It’s all just around the corner. So just take a chill pill. Relax. And focus on the end.

5. Give Up

Honestly, this is your only option if you’ve already been through the rest of the list.