New Athletic Leadership

At Boise High many things have changed this year such as a New Athletic Director. The new wise athletic director is Brian Barbara. As the new athletic director he is still in the phase of figuring everything out and how everything works. He doesn’t want to change anything that he does not fully understand so he doesn’t mess anything up. He is proud of his student athletes for not being incredibly strong athletes but for doing well in school. He is very excited about his new athletic because of better equipment and a way to bring all the different sports team to come together and practice in one area. He does have future plans for the new athletic complex for the time to come. The told me the gym will be open in 6 months so the spring time sports get to have their fun before summer. I asked him how he feels about foreign exchange students playing sports with a bunch of strangers. He said it was a great way for those exchange students to find a friend or to open themselves up to new things or new people. Asked him if he had any trouble with any athletes yet and he said all have been having good sportsmanship on and off the field. Brian Barbara is really going to make things exciting for the athlete side of things and he is also a good golf player can’t wait until he takes action.

I also did a interview with Alex Ojakew and asked him several questions about being a leader for sports teams. I asked him “what does it take to a captain for the football team. He told me that he wasn’t necessarily the team captain. He does try to help out the younger boys to give them advice a positive motivation. He runs plays hard and gives a total 100% on the football field to give a good example. He also tries to find future leaders who are showing great potential of good positive vibes. He says last years captain saw leadership in him and showed him the ways of being a captain. He said being a leader is not a easy job you need to be at practice, look out for the ones in need and ect. Sometimes he has to lift the teams spirits if they are tired or have downed by a player or coach. He tries to stop any bullying that goes on during the day because it keeps everyone positive. Alex is a great example of a student leader of Boise Braves.