Lose it in the Music With Local Music Festivals

A performer rocking out at last year’s Treefort. (Kaiya Kearns)

Andie Nickels, Reporter

Music is something that brings us all together, and music festivals are a popular way to meet people similar to yourself and have a good time. Idaho has a few well known music festivals that are being held in the coming months as spring and summer approach, many ranging in size, popularity, and genre.

One of the best known ones in Boise is Treefort, which is celebrating their eleventh all-ages festival this year. It will be running from March 22nd-26th, and will feature 400+ bands. Some of the more well known headliners include Surf Curse (known best for their song “Freaks”, which was popularized on TikTok), Destroy Boys, Dinosaur Jr (a band that helped launch Nirvana), Illuminati Hotties, and Built to Spill (A locally famous Idaho band), alongside many other talented local artists.

Another popular festival is the Boise Music Festival, which will be held at Expo Idaho on June 24th, starting at 10:00AM. The lineup consists of headliners Ludacris, Jelly Roll, C+C Music Factory (known for their ‘90’s hit “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)”), Gary Levox of the band Rascal Flatts (known for their hit song “Life Is a Highway”), and Elle King. The local artists performing have yet to be announced, even as music festival fans wait eagerly for more information.

Sawtooth Valley Gathering, in Stanley, Idaho, will be hosting their eighth annual festival from June 22nd-25th. They haven’t officially announced the lineup, but have released that the Seattle-based band The Black Tones will be performing.

Hwy 30 Music Fest is the largest music festival in Southern Idaho, and is celebrating its tenth annual festival this year from June 21st-24th at the Twin Falls County Fairgrounds. It veers towards a more pop-rock and country focus, and its official lineup consists of plenty of country and rock artists. Despite what genres of music you listen to, there are plenty of options for music festivals around the state, so Boise High students should consider going to one to listen to some of their favorite bands and make new friends!