After Hiatus, Boise Highlights Goes Back Online

Alex Swerdloff, Social Media Editor

High school newspaper Boise Highlights has been a part of Boise High’s culture almost as long as the school itself has been around. Since its inception in the 1900s, Boise Highlights has undergone countless transformations, from the number of pages to the orientation of those pages and the incorporation of color. Each change attempts to use the newspaper’s available resources and technology to make the paper a more exciting, accessible read.

This latest change is no different. In February 2018 , Boise Highlights revived their online presence with a new website, boisehighlights.com. The creation of this website is just one part of a larger effort to fully incorporate social media into the paper’s reporting; platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and, of course, this website allow us to experiment with new techniques like polls and multimedia reporting through videos and infographics, reaching a broader audience in the process.

Even with a renewed website and social media presence, there are some things about the Boise Highlights that won’t change. We’ll continue to highlight inspiring individuals from our school; we’ll continue to promote student art; and we’ll still strive to bring quality reporting to our Boise High Community. Rather than creating a new incarnation of this newspaper from scratch, we are building on a long tradition of transformation and growth in Boise Highlights’ history.

If you want to follow our changes, make sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat at @boisehighlights, and continue to stop by our website!